There are two steps to create a “Interactive Video" activity in TILE Composer:
- Create the Interactive Video activity
- Map the activity to a lesson resource
Refer to each section below for step-by-step guidance.
Step 1: Create the Interactive Video Activity
Watch this video for a quick example of how to create an Interactive Video. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
Access the Collaboration Admin Page
1. Select the Courses/Skills option in the side menu.
2. Select the context menu for your practice lesson, and then select the Edit Collaboration option.
4. The Collaboration Admin - "Assignments" page displays. Scroll down on the page for the next step.
Create Interactive Video
Select the ‘+’ icon at the bottom right corner of the page and then select the ‘video quiz’ icon to ‘Create interactive video assignment.’
- 1 - The Create Interactive Video Assignment panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Write Instructions for the activity. (You have the option to record or upload a video here as well.)
- 3 - Click the '+ video' icon in the interactive video section. You must add a video before you can add the questions.
Select a method to add a video. Select RECORD VIDEO to record a webcam or screenshare video. Select UPLOAD VIDEO to use a previously-recorded video. (Ignore the ‘SELECT FROM RESOURCES’ option.)
Follow the on-screen prompts to record or upload your video.
After adding the video, you will see a “video is processing message.” You can add questions for the video when it is finished processing.
- 1 - To add a question, first use the play button or scrollbar to navigate to the point in the video where you want to ask a question.
- 2- Then select the CREATE QUESTION button.
- 3 - Select the Question Type – either Multiple Choice (user will select an answer) or Video Response (user will record a video answer and submit it).
- 4 - Enter the Question.
- 5 - Enter two or more answer Options. (The first answer in the list is always the correct one.)
- 6 - (Optional) Enter feedback text or a hint for each answer option. You can click the ‘trash’ icon to remove an answer option.
- 7 - Select OK when you are ready.
- 8 - Repeat steps 2 through 7 for each question in the activity. (You can add up to 20 questions.)
- 9 - Enter the score weight for each question. (The weight total must equal 100%.) You can click the menu (3 dots) for a question to edit or delete it.
- 10 - Select the SHOW ADVANCED button.
- 11 - Select the Deep Linking toggle to enable it.
- 12 - Enter a Deep Linking Identifier for the activity, then select the Score Sync checkbox. IMPORTANT: The “Deep Linking Identifier” is the ID that will link the activity to resource instance in the course. Copy this ID for Step 2 – Map Activity to a Lesson Resource. (The ID should be all lower case without spaces.)
- 13 - Select Save when you are finished configuring the activity.
Your new activity is displayed in the Assignment list. You’re almost done!
Step 3: Map Activity to a Resource
Your activity is all set up, but there's one last step. You need to map it to a resource so your learners will be able to see and access it. In this step you’ll create a resource instance for the activity.
1. Navigate to the target skill/lesson. Then select the Preview/Edit toggle at the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select the Add Resource option.
3. Configure the Resource with the following settings:
- 1 - The Resource settings panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Set the Position for the activity so it displays in the right order in the lesson.
- 3 - Enter a brief Description of the activity. Learners will see this description in the course interface.
- 4 - Set the Resource Type to "Activity."
- 5 - Enter the “Deep Linking Identifier” ID from Step 2 into the URL/Filename field.
- 6 - Set the Resource Format to "Collaboration Video."
- 7 - Set the Completion Logic to "Externally Scored."
- 8 - Select Save when you are ready.
Click here for more information about how to use the Interactive Video activity type.