The Live Session is a virtual collaboration environment where you can provide live, synchronous training and instruction to your cohort.
Access the Live Session Environment
1. Launch the cohort and then select the Stream option in the top menu.
- As participants arrive and enable their webcams, their video image will appear in the main display area.
- Your own webcam will display in the upper right corner.
- The People panel displays a list of all cohort participants. Those currently in the Live Session are marked with a green dot and display video and sound status icons. Also, a “Mute All” option is available to the instructor in this panel.
- Various meeting controls are available to participants at the bottom of the screen: Noise Reduction, Hang Up (leave meeting), Share Screen, Block Camera, Mute Audio, Start/Stop Recording, and More Options. A couple of these controls are explained further below
NOTE: By default, PowerPoint slideshows will display full-screen, which is not optimal for a virtual meeting. We recommend not using slideshow mode, or changing the slide show display mode to “window” or “kiosk.” (Practice with various settings before your actual live session.
Select the option you want, then click Share.
More Options/Device Settings
Chat Panel, Video Layout, Recording Indicator
- Click the Chat tab to view the Chat panel. Here, participants can share comments, links, and files.
- Click the layout icon to change how the participant videos are displayed on your screen. The options are: Automatic, Grid, Concert, Lecture, and Lecture Panel.
- When the video is being recorded, an indicator is displayed to all participants for their awareness and consent.