There are two steps to create a “Interactive Video" activity in TILE Composer:
- Create the Interactive Video activity
- Map the activity to a lesson resource
Refer to each section below for step-by-step guidance.
Step 1: Create the Interactive Video Activity
Watch this video for a quick example of how to create an Interactive Video. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
Access the Collaboration Admin Page
1. Select the Courses/Skills option in the side menu.
2. Select the context menu for your practice lesson, and then select the Edit Collaboration option.
4. The Collaboration Admin - "Assignments" page displays. Scroll down on the page for the next step.
Create Interactive Video
Select the ‘+’ icon at the bottom right corner of the page and then select the ‘video quiz’ icon to ‘Create interactive video assignment.’
- 1 - The Create Interactive Video Assignment panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Write Instructions for the activity. (You have the option to record or upload a video here as well.)
- 3 - Click the '+ video' icon in the interactive video section. You must add a video before you can add the questions.
Select a method to add a video. Select RECORD VIDEO to record a webcam or screenshare video. Select UPLOAD VIDEO to use a previously-recorded video. (Ignore the ‘SELECT FROM RESOURCES’ option.)
Follow the on-screen prompts to record or upload your video.
After adding the video, you will see a “video is processing message.” You can add questions for the video when it is finished processing.
- 1 - To add a question, first use the play button or scrollbar to navigate to the point in the video where you want to ask a question.
- 2- Then select the CREATE QUESTION button.
- 3 - Select the Question Type – either Multiple Choice (user will select an answer) or Video Response (user will record a video answer and submit it).
- 4 - Enter the Question.
- 5 - Enter two or more answer Options. (The first answer in the list is always the correct one.)
- 6 - (Optional) Enter feedback text or a hint for each answer option. You can click the ‘trash’ icon to remove an answer option.
- 7 - Select OK when you are ready.
- 8 - Repeat steps 2 through 7 for each question in the activity. (You can add up to 20 questions.)
- 9 - Enter the score weight for each question. (The weight total must equal 100%.) You can click the menu (3 dots) for a question to edit or delete it.
- 10 - Select the SHOW ADVANCED button.
- 11 - Select the Deep Linking toggle to enable it.
- 12 - Enter a Deep Linking Identifier for the activity, then select the Score Sync checkbox. IMPORTANT: The “Deep Linking Identifier” is the ID that will link the activity to resource instance in the course. Copy this ID for Step 2 – Map Activity to a Lesson Resource. (The ID should be all lower case without spaces.)
- 13 - Select Save when you are finished configuring the activity.
Your new activity is displayed in the Assignment list. You’re almost done!
Step 2: Map Activity to a Lesson Resource
Your activity is all set up, but there's one last step. You need to map it to a resource so your learners will be able to see and access it. Watch this video for a quick example of how to map a video activity to a resource. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
1. Select the Close button at the top of the Collaboration Admin Page.
2. Select the Resources option in the side menu.
3. The Resource Mapper page loads. Make sure it is the right page for your practice lesson/course by looking at the breadcrumbs at the top of the screen. If your lesson/course isn't displayed, click the last breadcrumb to open the course selection screen and then select your lesson. Then select the Add Resource button.
- 1 - The Resource settings panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Set the Position for the activity so it displays in the right order in the lesson.
- 3 - Enter a brief Description of the activity. Learners will see this description in the course interface.
- 4 - Set the Resource Type to "Activity."
- 5 - Enter the “Deep Linking Identifier” ID from Step 1 into the URL/Filename field.
- 6 - Set the Resource Format to "Collaboration Video."
- 7 - Set the Duration for the activity.
- 8 - Set the Completion Logic to "Externally Scored."
- 9 - Set the Passing Threshold for the activity.
- 10 - Select Save when you are ready.
4. The activity appears in the resource list, but is not yet mapped. Click the empty cell next to the activity name to activate it.
5. Click OK in the confirmation box. The activity is now enabled and ready for your learners!
If you would like a preview of what your learners will experience when they take the activity, continue to the next section.
Check Learner Access to Activity
Follow the steps below to check the appearance and behavior of your video activity to learners.
1. Exit Composer by selecting the Portal option at the top of the screen.
2. Locate and select your activity in the interface. Then click the Play button to launch it.
3. Go through the video activity as a learner would and check on wording, appearance, behavior, etc. Then revise your activity settings if necessary.
Click here for more information about how to use the Interactive Video activity type.