There are two steps to create an “Individual Project” video collaboration activity in TILE Composer:
- Create the Individual Project activity
- Map the activity to a skill and resource
Refer to each section below for step-by-step guidance.
Step 1: Create the Individual Project Activity
Watch this video for a quick example of how to create the Individual Project. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
Access the Collaboration Admin Page
1. Select the Courses/Skills option in the side menu.
2. Select the context menu for your practice lesson, and then select the Edit Collaboration option.
4. The Collaboration Admin - "Assignments" page displays. Scroll down on the page for the next step.
Create Individual Project
Select the ‘+’ icon at the bottom right corner of the page and then select the ‘person’ icon to ‘Create individual assignment.’
- 1 - The Individual Assignment panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Select a Score Type in the drop-down menu. We recommend using the “Auto Analysis” option to auto-grade the activity using artificial intelligence (AI). Other score type options for a formal assessment include Rubric, Percentage and Pass/Fail.
Auto Analysis™ is an automated reporting feature that provides deeper insight into an individual’s performance and progress. By generating metrics like rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words, Auto Analysis™ gives the presenter a better sense of what to focus on and helps the evaluator provide more targeted feedback. If this score type is selected, the Auto Analysis™ overall score for the submitted video will be used as the official score and does not require any user with an instructor role to assign the score. Instructors are able to manually override the automatic score within the Scorebook if desired.
- 3 - If you’re using Auto Analysis, select “Overall Score” for the Auto Analysis Score option.
- 4 - Write Instructions for the activity. (You have the option to record or upload a video here as well.)
- 5 - Select the Auto Analysis toggle to activate that feature.
- 6 - Select the 'Launch PhraseGen' button or the 'Enter Terms Manually' option to enter terms that are required for the learner to use in their video recording. (The PhraseGen option automatically generates the key terms based on uploaded content.
- 7 - Next, select the SHOW ADVANCED button at the bottom right corner of the panel.
- 8 - Enter Post-Submission Instructions for the learner to follow.
- 9 - Enter a Deep Linking Identifier for the activity, then select the Score Sync checkbox. IMPORTANT: The “Deep Linking Identifier” is the ID that will link the activity to a resource instance in the course. Copy this ID for Step 2 – Map Activity to a Lesson Resource. (The ID should be all lower case without spaces.)
- 10 - Select Save when you are finished configuring the activity.
Your new activity is displayed in the Assignment list. You’re almost done!
Step 2: Map Activity to a Resource
Your activity is all set up, but there's one last step. You need to map it to a resource so your learners will be able to see and access it. In this step you’ll create a resource instance for the activity.
1. Navigate to the target skill/lesson. Then select the Preview/Edit toggle at the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select the Add Resource option.
3. Configure the Resource with the following settings:
- 1 - The Resource settings panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Set the Position for the activity so it displays in the right order in the lesson.
- 3 - Enter a brief Description of the activity. Learners will see this description in the course interface.
- 4 - Set the Resource Type to "Activity."
- 5 - Enter the “Deep Linking Identifier” ID from Step 2 into the URL/Filename field.
- 6 - Set the Resource Format to "Collaboration Video."
- 7 - Set the Completion Logic to "Externally Scored."
- 8 - Select Save when you are ready.
Click here for more information about how to use the Individual Project video activity type.