There are two steps to create an “Individual Project” video collaboration activity in TILE Composer:
- Create the Individual Project activity
- Map the activity to a lesson resource
Refer to each section below for step-by-step guidance.
Step 1: Create the Individual Project Activity
Watch this video for a quick example of how to create the Individual Project. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
Access the Collaboration Admin Page
1. Select the Courses/Skills option in the side menu.
2. Select the context menu for your practice lesson, and then select the Edit Collaboration option.
4. The Collaboration Admin - "Assignments" page displays. Scroll down on the page for the next step.
Create Individual Project
Select the ‘+’ icon at the bottom right corner of the page and then select the ‘person’ icon to ‘Create question & answer assignment.’
- 1 - The Individual Assignment panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Select a Score Type in the drop-down menu. We recommend using the “Auto Analysis” option to auto-grade the activity using artificial intelligence (AI). Other score type options for a formal assessment include Rubric, Percentage and Pass/Fail.
Auto Analysis™ is an automated reporting feature that provides deeper insight into an individual’s performance and progress. By generating metrics like rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words, Auto Analysis™ gives the presenter a better sense of what to focus on and helps the evaluator provide more targeted feedback. If this score type is selected, the Auto Analysis™ overall score for the submitted video will be used as the score and does not require any user with an instructor role to assign the score. Instructors are able to manually override the automatic score within the Scorebook if desired.
- 3 - If you’re using Auto Analysis, select “Overall Score” for the Auto Analysis Score option.
- 4 - Write Instructions for the activity. (You have the option to record or upload a video here as well.)
- 5 - Select the Auto Analysis toggle to activate that feature.
- 6 - Select the 'Configure Key Terms' option to enter terms that are required for the learner to use in their video recording.
- 7 - The ‘Auto Analysis Key Terms’ panel opens. Enter each key term and then click ADD.
- 8 - Entered terms will display in a list. For each term you can specify the number of required Occurrences of that term. (Select the ‘trash’ icon to remove a term.)
- 9 - Select OK when ready.
- 10 - Select the SHOW ADVANCED button at the bottom right corner of the panel.
- 11 - Enter Post-Submission Instructions for the learner to follow.
- 12 - Enter a Deep Linking Identifier for the activity, then select the Score Sync checkbox. IMPORTANT: The “Deep Linking Identifier” is the ID that will link the activity to a resource instance in the course. Copy this ID for Step 2 – Map Activity to a Lesson Resource. (The ID should be all lower case without spaces.)
- 13 - Select Save when you are finished configuring the activity.
Your new activity is displayed in the Assignment list. You’re almost done!
Step 2: Map Activity to a Lesson Resource
Your video collaboration activity is all set up, but there's one last step. You need to map it to a resource so your learners will be able to see and access it. Watch this video for a quick example of how to map a video activity to a resource. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
1. Select the Close button at the top of the Collaboration Admin Page.
2. Select the Resources option in the side menu.
3. The Resource Mapper page loads. Make sure it is the right page for your practice lesson/course by looking at the breadcrumbs at the top of the screen. If your lesson/course isn't displayed, click the last breadcrumb to open the course selection screen and then select your lesson. Then select the Add Resource button.
- 1 - The Resource settings panel opens. Give your activity a name.
- 2 - Set the Position for the activity so it displays in the right order in the lesson.
- 3 - Enter a brief Description of the activity. Learners will see this description in the course interface.
- 4 - Set the Resource Type to "Activity."
- 5 - Enter the “Deep Linking Identifier” ID from Step 1 into the URL/Filename field.
- 6 - Set the Resource Format to "Collaboration Video."
- 7 - Set the Duration for the activity.
- 8 - Set the Completion Logic to "Externally Scored."
- 9 - Set the Passing Threshold for the activity.
- 10 - Select Save when you are ready.
4. The activity appears in the resource list, but is not yet mapped. Click the empty cell next to the activity name to activate it.
5. Click OK in the confirmation box. The activity is now enabled and ready for your learners!
If you would like a preview of what your learners will experience when they do the activity, continue to the next section.
Check Learner Access to Activity
Follow the steps below to check the appearance and behavior of your video collaboration activity to learners.
1. Exit Composer by selecting the Portal option at the top of the screen.
2. Locate and select your activity in the interface. Then click the Play button to launch it.
3. Go through the video collaboration activity as a learner would and check on wording, appearance, behavior, etc. Then revise your activity settings if necessary.
Click here for more information about how to use the Individual Project video activity type.