This guide covers the following advanced options for configuring resources and how your learners interact with them:
- Re-order, Disable, or Delete a resource
- Set a thumbnail image for a resource
- Advanced resource settings
Re-order, Disable, or Delete
1. Select Resources in the side menu.
Re-order a Resource
This action allows you to change the order in which resources appear to your learners.
1. Click on the resource you want to move in the resource list (and hold your mouse button down after clicking). Drag the resource up or down to a new position in the order and release your mouse button.
NOTE: the recommended image size for resource thumbnail images is 250 pixels wide by 198 pixels high.
- Status. By default the resource Status is set to 'Enabled,' which makes it visible in the Course/Skill. Change to 'Disabled' if you want the resource to be hidden.
- Type. This indicates to the learner the type, or function, of the resource or activity. It’s important to select the correct type, because this setting impacts the behavior of the resource. (e.g. selecting“AI Curated Content” activates the TILE AI engine, selecting “Quiz” activates the TILE assessment engine, and so on.)
- AI Curated Content - dynamic content using TILE's AI engine
- Activity - interactive simulations, practice labs, and collaboration videos
- Discussion - activities focused on discussion threads
- Guide - static resources such as articles and step-by-step tutorials
- Lesson - interactive tutorials and eLearning modules
- Quiz – knowledge checks and quizzes
- Video - non-interactive videos
- Format.This indicates to the learner the format they can expect to see when they open the resource (e.g., a video, PDF, quiz, virtual lab, etc.). Most of the options for this field do NOT affect the behavior of the resource. The options below DO affect resource behavior and should be set accordingly:
- AI Collection - enables the resource to use AI-powered curation
- Collaboration Video - enables the resource to use video-based collaboration and assessment capabilities
- Collaborative Virtual Lab - enables the resource to use group collaboration functionality in association with a virtual lab (i.e., a ‘Group Project’ collaboration activity can be attached to a virtual lab)
- PDF - displays the resource in PDF format
- Quiz - enables the resource to use TILE’s assessment engine
- Video – displays the resource in video format
- Virtual Lab- activates the virtual lab image for the course and enables the lab guide
- Points. Enter the number of Points to award to the learner for completing the resource. You can leave this at the default value of 50, or change the value according to a resource’s difficulty level or time requirement.
- Completion Logic. Select the Completion Logic for your resource. Options include:
- When Visited - completed when opened
- User Confirms Completion - learner self-confirms when closing resource
- Proportional to Time on Task - completed when time spent in resource equals or exceeds the resource Duration
- Externally Scored - completion/scoring information returned by an integrated system, such as your organization's LMS
- Completed by Quiz - only used for formal resource quizzes (completion/scoring determined by quiz result)
- Prompt and Notify Mentors – completion/scoring information set manually by mentors using the TILE video collaboration tool
- Passing Threshold. If applicable, set the passing threshold for the resource. (NOTE: This only applies to scored resources like Quizzes and Activities.)
- Required. Leave Required set to 'Yes,' unless the resource is optional.
- Display Type.The Display Type affects how the resource opens. Options include:
- HTML5 - displays the Instructions field for the resource as an HTML page to the learner. (NOTE: this is the best option for creating a text-based resource directly in TILE.)
- PDF - opens PDF resources located on TILE media server
- Popup - opens resource in a new browser tab (recommended for external content that is not owned by your organization)
- Video - opens video resources located on TILE media server
- iFrame - opens resource within TILE UI (recommended for content owned by or licensed to your organization)
- Available After Day. If you don't want the resource to be available to learners right away, you can set a delay (in days) in this field. This will "lock" the resource for the specified period of time.
- Lab Guide Location (2nd URL/Filename). This field allows you to attach a guide to a resource. (Ignore this field for now.)
- Popup Instructions. Enter additional Instructions if desired. This content will display to the learner in a pop-up window when they launch the resource. (NOTE: You can use the rich text editor to apply advanced formatting to the instruction content, add links, insert images, etc.)
Ignore the Advanced settings.