Spaces Learning Composer has a tool, "My Content," that you can use to upload your resources to the platform's media server. Watch this video to see how to upload your resources using the “My Content” tool. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
1. Locate and open your Curation Design spreadsheet (or other source document) and take note of any resource files that are offline and need to be uploaded.
NOTE: You will need access/permission to these files to upload them later on.
2. Select the Advanced checkbox in the side menu. Then select the ‘Global’ heading.
3. Select the My Content option in the side menu.
4. The My Content tool displays. Click + New at the top of the tool interface, then select Media.
NOTE: 'My Content' is a WordPress instance that is embedded in Spaces Learning. If you have used WordPress before, this interface will be familiar to you.
5. The ‘Upload New Media’ page opens. Select or drag & drop one or more files you want to upload to TILE.
The file is uploaded to TILE’s media server.
NOTE: You can upload multiple files at once - as many as you select.
IMPORTANT: The steps above show how to upload files to your own, personal content library. Other admins will NOT have access to edit/update these files. If you prefer to have shared Admin access to the files, you can create a common Admin profile for your learning product that can be used for this purpose. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copy File Location URLs
1. When you are finished uploading files, select the Media option in the My Content side menu. This will display the ‘Media Library’ page.
2. Select one of the files you uploaded.
3. The ‘Attachment Details’ panel opens. Locate the Copy Link field in the side panel and copy the URL/link. Then paste the link into your curation spreadsheet, or another document, to save it for later.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other content files you have uploaded to Spaces Learning.
Your resource files are now uploaded to the media server, and you have documented the unique URL/location for each file. Next, you’ll go back to the Quick Editor in the Spaces Learning Portal to add the URL location for each resource file you uploaded.
Continue on to see how.
Update URL Locations
1. Click the Portal option at the top of the screen.
2. Click the Cohort that contains the associated Resource.
3. Locate and click on the Skill that contains the associated Resource. Then click the Preview/Edit toggle to activate the Quick Editor.
4. Paste the URL location link you copied while in the 'My Content' tool.
5. Select Save. Repeat steps 3-4 for any other Resources you uploaded content for.
Your uploaded resources are now ready for use!