Adding a Discussion activity in TILE Composer is very simple. The key is coming up with a good discussion prompt and then the rest is easy.
Watch this video to see how to add a Discussion activity. You can also follow the Step-by-Step instructions below.
Add Discussion Activity
1. Select the Resources option in the side menu. (NOTE: in TILE, activities are considered to be learning resources.)
- Enter a Name for the discussion activity.
- Enter the Position (order) where the activity will appear in the lesson.
- Enter a Description for the discussion activity.
- Select ‘Discussion’ as the activity Type.
- Also select ‘Discussion” as the activity Format.
- Set the expected Duration of the discussion activity in minutes.
NOTE: if you have a minimum time you expect learners to participate in the discussion, it is recommended that you convey this in the activity description or instructions.
- Set the Completion Logic for the activity to 'Externally Scored.'
- Select Save.
The Discussion activity is now added to your lesson. If you want to add a prompt to help guide the discussion (recommended), follow the steps below.
Add Prompt to Discussion